1 Yale Avenue, University City
This 1909 Eames and Young property provides many modern conveniences while maintaining its historic beauty. Surprisingly private, with very few sight lines from neighbors and the park directly in front, it is in easy walking distance to the University City Civic complex, the Loop, the Metrolink and Washington University. As previous owners undertook several major projects to aid its sustainability(boiler replacement, extensive insulation, landscaping), in addition to replacing the roof and two updated baths, little maintenance should be required. Many of the original details remain throughout: high ceilings, pocket doors, beautiful fireplaces, box beamed ceilings, crown moldings, original hardwood floors and more. Be sure to ask about the first owners of this property. It has a story to tell!. Be sure to watch the virtual tour from the owner in his own words describe what he likes about the neighborhood.
- MLS® #19016898
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage4,518
- Year Built1909
- Basement TypeUnfinished, Walk-Out, Partial, Stone/Rock
- FeaturesBurglar Alarm-Owned, Near Public Trans, Patio, Satellite Dish
- Parking Spaces1
- ParkingAttached Garage, Garage Door Opener, Off Street, Additional Parking
- # of Garages1
- Lot DescriptionFencing, Sidewalks, Corner Lot, Park View
- WindowsPocket Door(s), Some Stained Glass
- ConstructionBrick/Stone Msn Pred, Frame
- Date ListedMarch 20th, 2019
- Days on Market97
- HOA Fees922
- HOA Fees Freq.Yearly
- Address1 Yale Avenue
- AreaUniversity City
- SubdivisionUniversity Heights
- CityUniversity City
- CountySt Louis
- Zip Code63130
- InteriorBuilt-In Bookcases, Historic/Period Mlwk, Some Carpeting, Some Window Treatmnt, Walk-In Closets, Some Wood Floors
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Stainless Steel Appliances, Central Vacuum, Gas Cooktop
- HeatingHot Water/Steam
- CoolingCeiling Fan, Central-Electric, Zoned
- Has BasementYes
- BasementUnfinished, Walk-Out, Partial, Stone/Rock
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesNon Functional
- Stories2.5 Story
- DistrictUniversity City
- ElementaryFlynn Park Elem.
- MiddleBrittany Woods
- HighUniversity City Sr. High
- Listing OfficeDaniel B. Feinberg R.E.Co.
Information from Third Parties, Deemed Reliable but Not Verified.
Listings displaying the MARIS logo are courtesy of Mid America Regional Information Systems Internet Data Exchange.